SIGN UP FOR THE NEXT BAPTISM:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
CAN A FAMILY BE BAPTIZED TOGETHER?
Yes! If each family member understands fully the meaning of baptism, and each one has personally placed his/her trust in Christ for salvation, we encourage families to be baptized at the same time. It is a wonderful expression of commitment.
CAN I INVITE FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO MY BAPTISM?
Absolutely! We would love to have your friends and family there to celebrate with you.
HOW ARE WE TO BE BAPTIZED?
- Like Jesus was baptized by being immersed in water. “As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water.” Matthew 3:16
- Every baptism in the Bible was by immersion under water. “…then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water…” Acts 8:38,39
- The word “Baptize” literally means “to dip under water”. The Greek word “baptizo” means “to immerse or dip under water.”
- It is the best way to picture a burial and resurrection. Who should be Baptized? Every person who has made the decision to believe in Christ. “Those who believed and accepted His message were baptized.” Acts 2:41 “But when they believed Philip as he preached the Good News… And the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12 “Simon himself believed and was baptized…” Acts 8:13 The one requirement for baptism is belief in Christ! We do not baptize children until they are old enough to understand and believe.
WHAT ABOUT BEING BAPTIZED TWICE?
This question comes up a lot when someone was baptized as an infant. The answer is, “go for it!” It doesn’t devalue a prior experience but simply reflects your desire to be baptized in the same way Jesus demonstrated and commanded us to follow.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
A black Freedom T-shirt and black shorts are provided, along with a changing room, towels, blow dryers, make up remover, rubber sandals… we try to cover as many details as we can for you so you can enjoy and concentrate on this amazing experience! You can wear aslo your own bathing suit under your clothes and dark shirt if you would prefer.
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF BAPTISM?
- It is a symbol of Christ’s burial and resurrection. “Christ died for our sins…he was buried… and he rose again.” 1 Corinthians. 15:3,4 “For when you were baptized, you were buried with Christ, and in baptism you were also raised with Christ.” Colossians 2:12
- It is a symbol of your new life as a Christian. “When someone becomes a Christian he becomes a brand new person inside. The old life has passed away and a new life has begun!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 “By our baptism then we were buried with Him and shared His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead also we might live a new life!” Romans 6:4 Baptism does not make you a believer, it shows that you already are one! Baptism does not “save” you, only your faith in Christ does that. Baptism is like a wedding ring – it’s the outward symbol of the commitment you made in your heart. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith & it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8,9
WHEN ARE WE TO BE BAPTIZED?
As soon as you have believed! You shouldn’t delay. “Those who believed…were baptized…that day!” Acts 2:41 “Then Philip began with the Scripture and told him the Good News about Jesus. As they traveled along the road, they came to some water, and the eunuch said, Look here is water! Why shouldn’t I be baptized right now? Philip said, If you believe with all your heart, you may. The official answered, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.” Acts 8:36-39 (paraphrase) There is no reason to delay. As soon as a person decides to believe in Christ, he can and should be baptized.
WHO WILL BAPTIZE ME?
If there is someone who has made a significant impact on your Journey with Jesus you can invite them to be a part of baptizing you. They need to have already been baptized and be following the Lord. Many people have their Life Group leader, Volunteer Team leader, or friend baptize them. Multiple leaders and pastors from Freedom will also be there and perform the baptisms.