LG VIDEO – WEEK 8 – 04:38 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – 37:21 – Take My Yoke Upon You
“Take my yoke upon you”
Matthew 11:28-30 NLT
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
- What do you observe about this passage?
- Share your notes from the sermon and what the Holy Spirit helped you see through God’s Word.
- What is a yoke? What purposes does it serve when used as a tool to help plow a field?
- Jesus offers rest to those that take on his yoke. In your own words describe what that looks like in daily life.
Share a time you “gave in” instead of “gave up” and did things God’s way. How did you experience his faithfulness?
- Is anyone in your group feeling tired? Pray for one another to boldly obey Jesus at His Word and receive His peace.
- Your testimony of victory is powerful! How has God helped you overcome struggles? Invite members of the group to share a 5 minute encouraging testimony each week. Ask for volunteers and direct them to the resource page for a short video to help them prepare. Each testimony should be no longer than 5 minutes and end with “If He can do this for me, He can do this for you.” CLICK HERE
- Pick one the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) to read this week individually. One chapter a day and highlight favorite one-liners from Jesus to share next week.
Life Group Survey:
- We are constantly working to improve Life Groups and would love your input in our Life Group Survey. It should take you less than 5 minutes to answer these 10 questions.