LG VIDEO - WEEK #3 - 5:41 MINUTES
LIFE GROUP WEEK 1 – LEGACY LIFESTYLE
1. LIFE GROUP WEEK 1 – LEGACY LIFESTYLE
LG VIDEO – WEEK #1 – 09:41 MINUTES
The Writing is on the Wall 44:21 MINUTES
- Share a time in your life you ignored a warning and faced the consequences?
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
17 Then Daniel answered the king, “You may keep your gifts for yourself and give your rewards to someone else. Nevertheless, I will read the writing for the king and tell him what it means.18 “Your Majesty, the Most High God gave your father Nebuchadnezzarsovereignty and greatness and glory and splendor. 19 Because of the high position he gave him, all the nations and peoples of every language dreaded and feared him. Those the king wanted to put to death, he put to death;those he wanted to spare, he spared; those he wanted to promote, he promoted; and those he wanted to humble, he humbled. 20 But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory. 21 He was driven away from people and given the mind of an animal; he lived with the wild donkeys and ate grass like the ox; and his body was drenched with the dew of heaven, until he acknowledged that the Most High God is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and sets over them anyone he wishes.
22 “But you, Belshazzar, his son,[d] have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this. 23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. You had the goblets from his temple brought to you, and you and your nobles, your wives and your concubines drank wine from them. You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways. 24 Therefore he sent the hand that wrote the inscription.25 “This is the inscription that was written:
mene, mene, tekel, parsin
26 “Here is what these words mean:
Mene[e]: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.
27 Tekel[f]: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.
28 Peres[g]: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”
29 Then at Belshazzar’s command, Daniel was clothed in purple, a gold chain was placed around his neck, and he was proclaimed the third highest ruler in the kingdom.30 That very night Belshazzar, king of the Babylonians,[h] was slain, 31 and Darius the Mede took over the kingdom, at the age of sixty-two.[i]
- What do you observe about the passages? Take turns sharing from observations from the text or your personal notes from service.
Pastor Justice said “Through the work of Christ, we are justified, sanctified and glorified.”
- What does it look like to be justified by Christ in your life?
- What does it look like to be sanctified by Christ in your life?
- What does it look like for Christ to be glorified in your life?
- Pastor Justice said justification happens when we are born again, but sanctification is an ongoing process. As we are a work in progress, what do you feel like God is working on through you or in you right now?
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Pray for one another in groups
Life Journal Reading Plan:
Day 1: JAN 30: ACTS 6
Day 2: JAN 31: ACTS 7
Day 3: FEB 1: ACTS 8
Day 4: FEB 2: ACTS 9
Day 5: FEB 3: ACTS 10
Day 6: FEB 4: ACTS 11
Day 7: FEB 5: ACTS 12
This Post Has 0 Comments