LG VIDEO - WEEK #8 - 4:01 MINUTES
LG VIDEO – WEEK #3 – 5:41 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – THE ROAD TO LEGACY – PASTOR MJ – 40:25 MIN
- The feeding of the 5,000 was an undeniable miracle. What is the greatest miracle you have ever seen?
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand
6 Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galilee (that is, the Sea of Tiberias), 2 and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. 3 Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his disciples. 4 The Jewish Passover Festival was near.5 When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” 6 He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.7 Philip answered him, “It would take more than half a year’s wages[a] to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!”8 Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up,
9 “Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?”10 Jesus said, “Have the people sit down.” There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). 11 Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” 13 So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.
What do you observe about the passages? Take turns sharing from observations from the text or your personal notes from service.
1. When Jesus fed the 5 thousand, he asked Philip to join him in being the solution for his hometown. What does it mean for Jesus to extend the same offer to us in our city?
2. Pastor MJ said, “who you follow determines who follows you.” What does this mean?
1. What may be happening in your life that God might be inviting you to meet the needs of people?
2. What are things we can do to change the perspective from being focused on what’s in front of us, to being focused and seeing what Jesus is seeing?
3. What is one action step we can take as a life group to help get new people on the road to legacy?
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Pray for one another in groups
Life Journal Reading Plan:
Day 1: FEB 13: ACTS 20
Day 2: FEB 14: ACTS 21
Day 3: FEB 15: ACTS 22
Day 4: FEB 16: ACTS 23
Day 5: FEB 17: ACTS 24
Day 6: FEB 18: ACTS 25
Day 7: FEB 19: ACTS 26