LG VIDEO - WEEK #8 - 3:14 MINUTES
LIFE GROUP WEEK 4 – UNDEFEATED
LG VIDEO – WEEK #4 – 3:42 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – UNDEFEATED COURAGE – PASTOR JUSTICE – 39:09 MIN
- Were you ever undefeated at a game or sport?
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[b] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.
21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”
24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[f] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”
- What do you observe about the passages? Take turns sharing observations from the text or your notes from service.
- Who did the disciples think Jesus was? Who is Jesus?
- Pastor Justice said, “When you decide who Jesus is, it determines who you are.” What does this mean?
- He continued to share, “What your eyes fixate on, your course follows it.” What does this mean?
- It’s impossible to be comfortable and courageous at the same time. What area is your life is requiring the most courage for you to grow?
Before Next Week:
- Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
- Pray for one another in groups
Life Journal Reading Plan:
Day 1: FEB 20: ACTS 27
Day 2: FEB 21: ACTS 28
Day 3: FEB 22: MARK 1
Day 4: FEB 23: MARK 2
Day 5: FEB 24: MARK 3
Day 6: FEB 25: MARK 4
Day 7: FEB 26: MARK 5
This Post Has 0 Comments