LG VIDEO - WEEK #8 - 3:14 MINUTES
LIFE GROUP WEEK 5 – UNDEFEATED
LG VIDEO – WEEK #5 – 4:18 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – PARADIGM SHIFT – 37:55 MINUTES
- What assumptions have you made before that spoiled a relationship in your life?
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
Matthew 17:1-13 The Transfiguration
17 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.4 Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.Listen to him!”
6 When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.7 But Jesus came and touched them. “Get up,” he said. “Don’t be afraid.”8 When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus.9 As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.”10 The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”11 Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. 12 But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” 13 Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
What do you observe about the passages? Take turns sharing from observations from the text or your personal notes from service.
- A paradigm shift is a fundamental change in underlying assumptions. What areas in your life or faith have you experienced a paradigm shift?
- Pastor Justice talked about transforming instead of conforming. What does this mean, and what is the difference between them?
- “Hebrews 12:2 encourages us “to fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and finisher of our faith…” Share a few things that are easy to fixate on rather than Christ.
- When we conform to this world, we are becoming something we are not. God wants to transform us into our true identity by having our thoughts and our worship focused on God. How is God transforming you right now?
Before Next Week:
- Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
- Pray for one another in groups
Life Journal Reading Plan:
Day 1: FEB 26: MARK 5
Day 2: FEB 27: MARK 6
Day 3: FEB 28: MARK 7
Day 4: MAR 1: MARK 8
Day 5: MAR 2: MARK 9
Day 6: MAR 3: MARK 10
Day 7: MAR 4: MARK 11
This Post Has 0 Comments