LG VIDEO - WEEK 8 - 5:18 MINUTES
– What is your spiritual background or religious upbringing, What was the most religious moment you can remember?
– Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
John 3 1-8
Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.” 3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. 4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” 5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”
1 Corinthians 4:20
The kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.
Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
1. In your own words, describe the Kingdom of God in your own words.
- Simple answer: The reign of Jesus in the here and now
2. Pastor Maria said, “If we don’t see the Kingdom, we will accidentally reduce the Gospel to the size of a flannel board.” In what ways do you think it is easy for us to miss the Kingdom?
3. Explain the difference between the following:
- Saved from Sin VS Saved for a Purpose
- Moralism VS Identity
- Heaven Later VS Heaven Now
4. “The most exciting day of our faith is the day we get saved. The second most exciting is the day we find out why.” Take turns sharing your dreams about way you could make a difference with your life in God’s Kingdom.
Break in groups to pray for one another. Be sure to follow up on the action steps from last week.
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Ask someone volunteer their 4 minutes testimony next week
– Pray for one another in groups
Day 1: Luke 16
Day 2: Luke 17
Day 3: Luke 18
Day 4: Luke 19
Day 5: Luke 20
Day 6: Luke 21
Day 7: Luke 22