LG VIDEO - WEEK #10 - 03:58 MINUTES
LG VIDEO – WEEK 1 – 6:03 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – 42:05 MINUTES
- What’s a song or album that triggers nostalgia for you?
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
How Well Do I Know God?
- Briefly review the following list of statements and checkmark next to those you feel are true to you:
- I believe God loves everyone, but I sometimes struggle to believe that God loves me
- I often feel disconnected from God
- I pray when I need help but I don’t routinely spend time with God
- I feel trapped in a cycle of shame about my past
- I don’t feel much need or desire to read the Bible
- I sincerely believe in God, but I can’t say I prioritize my life around him
- I don’t feel the same devotion to God as I did when I first became a Christian
- There are some things about me that I know aren’t what they should be, but I don’t know if I can ever really change
- My belief in God doesn’t seem to keep me from worrying a lot
- My lifestyle, actions and decisions don’t always line up with what I say I believe about God
- I don’t talk about my faith with people who don’t believe in God
- I don’t experience worship or express praise to God in my daily life
- I find it difficult to forgive people who have hurt me
- My sense of security is impacted more by how I am doing financially than by how I am doing spiritually
- I believe in God, but I am not so big on the church
- I’m not sure my heart breaks for the things that break the heart of God
- I tend to diminish or overlook my sins and failures rather than grieving them
- I don’t often experience a passionate desire to please God
- It feels like a long time since I heard God’s voice or experienced God’s leading in my life
- I feel sometimes God is not fair
- It’s rare for me to feel completely surrendered to God. Sometimes I am not even sure I want to be
- Circle the two or three statements on the checklist that best describe where you’re at spiritually right now. Or you may wish to write/share your own statement.
Mark 5: 26-34
A large crowd followed and pressed around him. 25 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26 She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?” 31 “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ 32 But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34 He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
What do you observe about the passages? Take turns sharing from observations from the text or your personal notes from service.
Pastor justice said “there is a difference between believing God and putting our faith in God.”
Why do you think people might confuse them as the same?
“Faith is a noun, but trust is a verb.” Share a time your faith require extraordinary risk or trust. What did you discover?
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Pray for one another in groups
Life Journal Reading Plan:
Day 1: Oct 2: Luke 15
Day 2: Oct 3: Luke 16
Day 3: Oct 4: Luke 17
Day 4: Oct 5: Luke 18
Day 5: Oct 6: Luke 19
Day 6: Oct 7: Luke 20
Day 7: Oct 8: Luke 21