LG VIDEO - WEEK 5 - 04:15 MINUTES
Christian Atheist – Week 5
5. Christian Atheist – Week 5
LG VIDEO – WEEK 5 (4:57)
FULL SERMON – 42:31
- Share a memory from your childhood when you were disciplined as a child and received correction.
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
Hebrews 12:5- 2
5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,
“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”[a]
7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peacefor those who have been trained by it.
12 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13 “Make level paths for your feet,”[b] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
– What do you observe about the passages? Take turns sharing from observations from the text or your personal notes from service.
- What is discipline?
- What is the difference between punishment and correction?
- What does repent mean?
– Pastor Justice shared, “Discipline is less about punishment and more about correction.” Name a time God corrected your path though discipline? What does appropriate discipline look like for you?
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Pray for one another in groups
Life Journal Reading Plan:
Day 1: Oct 30 – Mark 5 & 6
Day 2: Oct 31 – Mark 7 & 8
Day 3: Nov 1 – Mark 9 & 10
Day 4: Nov 2 – Mark 11 & 12
Day 5: Nov 3 – Mark 13 & 14
Day 6: Nov 4 – Mark 15 & 16
Day 7: Nov 5 – Galatians 1 & 2
This Post Has 0 Comments