LG VIDEO - WEEK 5 - 04:15 MINUTES
Christian Atheist – Week 4
4. Christian Atheist – Week 4
LG VIDEO – WEEK 4 – 8:39 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – 40:23 MINUTES
- Share a time when you endured physical suffering (surgery, accident, illness, etc).
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
Acts 4: 5-13
5 The next day the rulers, the elders and the teachers of the law met in Jerusalem. 6 Annas the high priest was there, and so were Caiaphas, John, Alexander and others of the high priest’s family. 7 They had Peter and John brought before them and began to question them: “By what power or what name did you do this?”
8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! 9 If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame and are being asked how he was healed,10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 Jesus is
“‘the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the cornerstone.’[a]
12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.
What do you observe about the passages? Take turns sharing from observations from the text or your personal notes from service.
- Why was it noteworthy to mention that Peter & John were unschooled and ordinary?
- John 15:2 says that God prunes. What is pruning?
- Pastor Justice said suffering exposes our idols. What is an idol?
- Pastor Justice said “God doesn’t call the qualified, he qualifies the called.” What is God calling you to do that you may feel unqualified for?
- After enduring suffering, Pastor Justice said that Peter & John “didn’t run from it, they ran to it.” What do you feel like running from or what’s God calling you to run towards?
- When the leaders saw the boldness and courage of Peter & John while being unschooled and ordinary, they knew they had been with Jesus. How can you show others your faith in Jesus with boldness and courage this week?
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Pray for one another in groups
Life Journal Reading Plan:
Day 1: Oct 23 – Acts 17 & 18
Day 2: Oct 24 – Acts 19 & 20
Day 3: Oct 25 – Acts 21 & 22
Day 4: Oct 26 – Acts 25 & 26
Day 5: Oct 27 – Acts 27 & 28
Day 6: Oct 28 – Mark 1 & 2
Day 7: Oct 29 – Mark 3 & 4
This Post Has 0 Comments