LG VIDEO - WEEK 8 - 5:18 MINUTES
– Share a time you did something embarrassing, but mostly covered it up or got away with it.
– Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
Take Turns Reading Out Loud and Sharing Observations
“If you love me, obey my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. 18 No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you. 19 Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live. 20 When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
– Is it true that the Holy Spirit often gets the “weird uncle” reputation with people unfamiliar with Him? Why do you think that is?
– How does Jesus describe the Holy Spirit?
– Share a time you sense God’s Spirit in a personal way (joy, peace, warning, grievance, etc)
Break in groups for prayer (often times men/women groups are helpful)
– Last week we discussed “owning it before we offer it.” How did that go this week? If you didn’t follow through last week, there is always this week!
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Ask someone volunteer their 4 minutes testimony next week
– Pray for one another in groups
Day 1: Mark 4
Day 2: Mark 5
Day 3: Mark 6
Day 4: Mark 7
Day 5: Mark 8
Day 6: Mark 9
Day 7: Mark 10