Life Group week 4
– Have you ever witnessed a miracle?
– Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
Take Turns Reading Out Loud and Sharing Observations
11 I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. 4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
While Apollos was in Corinth, Paul traveled through the interior regions until he reached Ephesus, on the coast, where he found several believers.[a] 2 “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” he asked them. “No,” they replied, “we haven’t even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.” 3 “Then what baptism did you experience?” he asked. And they replied, “The baptism of John.” 4 Paul said, “John’s baptism called for repentance from sin. But John himself told the people to believe in the one who would come later, meaning Jesus.” 5 As soon as they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 Then when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in other tongues[b]and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all. 8 Then Paul went to the synagogue and preached boldly for the next three months, arguing persuasively about the Kingdom of God.
- What are common barriers for believers to receive the empowerment of the Spirit?
- Why is the empowerment of the Spirit important for all believers to receive?
- What did Pastor Justice mean when He said, “The question isn’t if you have all of the Holy Spirit, but does He have all of you?”
Break in groups to pray for members to be empowered by the Holy Spirit.
TIP #1 It is often helpful to put worship music on in the background to help create an atmosphere of worship.
TIP #2 Don’t make this awkward if someone isn’t ready for prayer.
TIP #3 Boldly ask Jesus to baptize/fill them with the Holy Spirit so they will be empowered to do what God has called them to do.
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Ask someone volunteer their 4 minutes testimony next week
– Pray for one another in groups
Day 1: Mark 11
Day 2: Mark 12
Day 3: Mark 13
Day 4: Mark 14
Day 5: Mark 15
Day 6: Mark 16
Day 7: Luke 1