LG VIDEO - WEEK #8 - 4:01 MINUTES
LG VIDEO – WEEK 7 – 6:01 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – 41:33 MINUTES
- Your house is on fire, and everyone is safe. You have 30 seconds to run through the house and collect three or four articles you want to save. What would you grab? Why?
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
James 1:5-8 NLT
5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. 6 But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.7 Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.
James 1:22-25 NIV
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
- Pastor Justice said, “To choose the voice you are going to listen.” What voices do you find yourself listening to the most?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, share with the group how much doubt has impacted your faith ( 1 = no doubt and 10 = lots of doubt)
Purpose #1 Worship
Purpose #2 Fellowship
Purpose #3 Discipleship
Purpose #4 Service
Purpose #5 Evangelism
- What is one area you are no longer going to allow doubt to hold you back?
Before Next Week:
– Pick someone to share next week from their Life Journal to kick off the group discussion.
– Pray for one another in groups
Life Journal Reading:
Day 1: 1 Corinthians 6
Day 2: 1 Corinthians 7
Day 3: 1 Corinthians 8
Day 4: 1 Corinthians 9
Day 5: 1 Corinthians 10
Day 6: 1 Corinthians 11
Day 7: 1 Corinthians 12