LG VIDEO - WEEK #10 - 03:58 MINUTES
4. LIFE GROUP WEEK 4 – JESUS ONE LINERS
LG VIDEO – WEEK #4 – 5:22 MIN – TURN THE OTHER CHEEK
FULL SERMON – Go the Extra Mile – 38:32 MIN
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
“Turn the other cheek”
You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth. But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
- What did Jesus mean, “You have heard it said ‘an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth?”
- What did Jesus mean when He said “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.”
- What is the difference between God being fair and God being just?
- What is the general and most common understanding of the saying “turn the other cheek” and “go the extra mile?”
- How have these two sayings drifted from their original meaning?
- Is there a situation or person in your life requiring you to turn the other cheek or walk another mile?
- Pray for one another to know God’s grace and courageously follow Jesus even when it means laying down your rights.
- Your testimony of victory is powerful! How has God helped you overcome struggles? Invite members of the group to share a 5 minute encouraging testimony each week. Ask for volunteers and direct them to the resource page for a short video to help them prepare. Each testimony should be no longer than 5 minutes and end with “If He can do this for me, He can do this for you.” CLICK HERE
- Pick one the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) to read this week individually. One chapter a day and highlight favorite one-liners from Jesus to
Share next week