LG VIDEO - WEEK #10 - 03:58 MINUTES
6. LIFE GROUP WEEK 6 – JESUS ONE LINERS
LG VIDEO – WEEK #6 – 05:21 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – 32:46 MIN – Ask And You Will Receive
Seek, ask, and knock.
Icebreaker: Share a time God answered a specific prayer request and you knew it was Him how answered. How long did it take for Him to answer?
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”
2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.[b]
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.[c]
And lead us not into temptation.[d]’”
5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; 6 a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ 7 And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity[e] he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.
9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
- Share your notes from the full message. Does who you pray to matter? Where you pray? What you say?
- What is your experience with prayer? Complicated? Easy? Natural? Frustrating?
- How would you explain the Lord’s Prayer in your own words if you were teaching someone how to pray?
- What is the main point in Jesus’ story about the friend asking his neighbor for bread at midnight?
- Do you have a “certain place” you pray?
How can you and your group respond to the Lord’s instruction together?
- Your testimony of victory is powerful! How has God helped you overcome struggles? Invite members of the group to share a 5 minute encouraging testimony each week. Ask for volunteers and direct them to the resource page for a short video to help them prepare. Each testimony should be no longer than 5 minutes and end with “If He can do this for me, He can do this for you.” CLICK HERE
- Pick one the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) to read this week individually. One chapter a day and highlight favorite one-liners from Jesus to share next week.