LG VIDEO - WEEK #10 - 03:58 MINUTES
5. LIFE GROUP WEEK 5 – JESUS ONE LINERS
LIFE GROUP WEEK 5 – Who Is Your Neighbor – 05:04 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – The Golden Rule – 30:24 MIN
“Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
What does it mean for someone to love God will all their heart? How is that different from your mind? How is that different than your soul?
What does Jesus mean when he says “strength?”
Do you think there is a reason the commandment doesn’t say “love your neighbor like you love God?”
- God did not come to make bad people good, but to make dead people alive. You can’t know life after death unless you know life before death. What does this mean?
- What does this one-liner mean? “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Pastor Justice said the expert of the law who questioned Jesus was trying to put categories around his faith. If everything we do is part of our relationship with God, where in your life have you been putting categories around your faith?
- How can you be focus on being a neighbor to other people this week?
- Your testimony of victory is powerful! How has God helped you overcome struggles? Invite members of the group to share a 5 minute encouraging testimony each week. Ask for volunteers and direct them to the resource page for a short video to help them prepare. Each testimony should be no longer than 5 minutes and end with “If He can do this for me, He can do this for you.” CLICK HERE
- Pick one the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) to read this week individually. One chapter a day and highlight favorite one-liners from Jesus to share next week.