LG VIDEO - WEEK #10 - 03:58 MINUTES
7. LIFE GROUP WEEK 7 – JESUS ONE LINERS
LG VIDEO – WEEK 7 – 04:39 MINUTES
FULL SERMON – 35:08 MIN – Don’t Let Your Left Hand Know What Your Right Hand Is Doing
“Don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.”
- Who is the most generous person you know? Share a time someone surprised you with radical or sacrificial generosity.
- Share your notes from the teaching, what impacted you? Was there a moment you sensed the Holy Spirit?
Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
- Jesus makes a correlation between hypocrisy and giving to those in need. What have you observed in your experience?
- What is Jesus teaching us about hypocrisy and the way we give to those in need?
- What does Jesus mean when he says “don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing?”
- Jesus encourages us to develop a private life of giving. Why do you think this is important our soul? How does this help us our faith?
- On a scale of 1-10 trusting God with your finances, how are you doing?
- Have you taken the step of faith to begin tithing? Have you set up monthly giving to Freedom?
- Laundry Love is this Sunday, could this be a next step for your Life Group? Text key word “laundry” to 818 600 0201 and Noaman will help you join our new laundromat location with your group.
- Your testimony of victory is powerful! How has God helped you overcome struggles? Invite members of the group to share a 5 minute encouraging testimony each week. Ask for volunteers and direct them to the resource page for a short video to help them prepare. Each testimony should be no longer than 5 minutes and end with “If He can do this for me, He can do this for you.” CLICK HERE
- Pick one the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) to read this week individually. One chapter a day and highlight favorite one-liners from Jesus to share next week.